Information about labour law and collective agreements in Iceland
- Icelandic Labour Law A summary of basic rights and obligations on the Private Labour Market.
- New Collective Agreement signed on December 21st 2013 (short version).
- Revised Economic forecast 2011-2013
- Information for foreigners - useful websites because of the bank crises
Collective agreements, pay, working time etc.
- Rights and employment terms of foreign workers on the Icelandic labor market issued in June 2008
- The 2014 collective agreement (short version)
Introduction to work and life in Iceland
European Employment Services- Iceland. Information for jobseekers and employers.
Everybody loses from social dumping - Wszyscy tracą na społecznym wyizolowaniu / Poster in english and polish.
Laws and regulations
- Working Terms and Pension Rights Insurance Act, No. 55/1980
- Rights and obligations of foreign undertakings that post workers temporarily in Iceland and on their workers’ terms and condition of employment, No. 45/2007.
- Act on temporary-work agencies, No. 139/2005.
- Act on the equal status and equal rights of women and men, No. 96/2000.
- Foreign Nationals' Right to Work Act, No. 97/2002.
- Holiday Allowance Act, No. 30/1987.
- Prohibition on termination of employment due to family responsibilities Act, No. 27/2000.
- Act on Trade Unions and Indurstrial Disputes, No. 80/1938.
- Act on Working Environment, Health and Safety in the Workplace, No. 46/1980.
- The Industrial Act No 42/1978. Further information.
- Directorate of Labour (Vinnumálastofnun)
- The Icelandic Directorate of Immigration (Útlendingastofnun)
- The National Registry (Þjóðskrá)
- The Internal Revenue Directorate (RSK)
- The State Social Security Institute (Tryggingastofnun ríkisins)
- Administration of Occupational Safety and Health in Iceland (AOSH)